Skip To Main Content

Registration and Enrollment

Registration for Neighborhood Residents Only: 

Select the correct school year from the drop-down menu. Please contact the school office once you have submitted your pre-enrollment form to inquire about next steps.

Complete Online Registration

Open Enrollment Lottery

For dates and applications, please visit

Is Octavia E. Butler Magnet my school of residence?

OEB Magnet is a school of residence with an attendance area of families who have the privilege of enrolling based on their home address. Washington Middle School is now Octavia E. Butler Magnet!

Determine if you live within the school attendance boundary:

Use the SCHOOL LOCATOR to see if your family resides in the attendance area.

Families residing within the Washington Middle School's attendance boundary:

A student residing in the school attendance area for Washington Middle School, not on a permit to attend another Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) campus, may register online for the English Program.

To enroll your child you will need to provide the following documents:

  1. Student's Birth Certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration certificate, or bible record

  2. Proof of current immunizations

  3. Deed of trust, property tax bill, lease agreement, or rental agreement with recent payment receipt

  4. Recent gas, water, or electric bill

  5. Recent report card

Additional information regarding registration is available through PUSD's Office of Enrollment, Permits, and Student Records

Families interested in the Spanish Immersion Program and families interested in the English program who are not residing in WSMA's attendance boundary: 

These families may apply through the District's annual OPEN ENROLLMENT process. 


New-to-PUSD following the close of Open Enrollment who do not reside in the WSMA attendance boundary:

New-to-PUSD students may apply at the Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records, District Offices:  351 S Hudson Ave. in Room 123. Please email for assistance.

Non-PUSD families: 

Interested families from other school districts apply through PUSD's Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records.